Suddenly due to covid-19 pandemic, we all had to use face masks to prevent ourselves from this communicable disease. Earlier the use of face masks have been seen since the time of plague. Face masks have been considered a first step to prevent and contain the spread of the disease. Different types of masks are available on the market for this purpose.
According to the guidelines given by WHO, the 3- layered face masks are important to wear from the prevention of droplets if you are going in a crowded place.This is useful when the recommended minimum distance of 1.5 m is not feasible. The masks provide only limited self-protection for its wearer and this is only when they are used properly.
Then here arrives a question: Is it okay to wear masks for a long time? Is it safe to always cover your nose and mouth without getting affected by it? What are the various problems caused by wearing regular masks?
Arguments in favour of wearing masks:
- Non infected patients can prevent the spread by wearing face masks: The very first precaution we can take from such communicable diseases is to wear a mask and protect ourselves from the spread through droplets. This reduces the high risk of transmission of the virus. In the current scenario, the high quality mask is the first thing you should wear before stepping out from home.
- Infected patients can reduce the spread by wearing face masks. It is indisputable that infected patients can transfer SARS-CoV-2 to people, starting a few days before manifesting clinical symptoms or during the time period. However, there’s no reliable data concerning the quantity of virus particles which will be spread by an asymptomatic person, when keeping a minimum safe distance.
Arguments in against of wearing masks:
- Limited supply of masks: If there’s a limited supply of protective masks, they ought to be reserved for health care workers in hospitals and care facilities. This is applicable for surgical masks and for FFP2 and FFP3 masks.
- Psychological effect: Wearing masks can have adverse emotional and mental effects. The lack of nonverbal communication when wearing a mask may make people feel insecure, disheartened or maybe psychologically troubled. This might be particularly true for people affected by mental disease or hearing disorder.
- Masks can cause excessive breathing problems: If there’s excessive moisture, the masks become airtight. Therefore, air is inhaled and exhaled unfiltered round the edges, losing the protective effect for both the wearer and therefore the environment.
- Wearing masks can be dangerous if not changed or washed: If masks aren’t exchanged regularly (or washed properly when made from cloth), pathogens can accumulate within the mask. When improperly used, the danger of spreading the pathogen—including SARS-CoV-2—might be critically increased.
- Masks provides a false sense of security.: The most important role of masks is the protection of individuals standing nearby. It is essential to wear the mask correctly. It must fit airtight to the skin, otherwise its effect is lost. Doffing of the mask must be properly done also. The surface of the mask shouldn’t be touched. When supply isn’t a problem, surgical masks should be used on just one occasion.
- Produces clinical waste if not disposed properly: There can be a high risk of diseases more than the prevention from the masks if they are not disposed properly, particularly surgical masks. If these masks are dumped in water bodies or buried, then they can again cause pollution or high risk of diseases.
Then what is the solution?
Most of the problems as listed above can be solved if you are using an organic mask. Organic masks can help you to heal your mind,body and soul because of the natural textile used and dyed with natural flavours and colors. The masks will help you to be happy emotionally and don’t even cause breathing problems.
Somewhere in this fast moving world, we have now forgotten to stop and think about the products we use and their adverse impact on our lives. Organic masks are the great alternatives of the normal masks we use and you can find various such kinds of masks with different flavours and the fragrance you like.
These masks are specially very beneficial for kids and aged people at your home. Wearing regular masks can make them feel very irritated and this can cause them breathing issues, so it’s better to use organic masks for them.
We can reduce the spread by wearing these organic masks which doesn’t only help us personally but also helps to be environment friendly. The masks are breathable, washable and reusable which can really help to be conscious in protecting the environment!
Shake hands with nature!
Organic masks are new fun, hope you enjoy it!